The Bangkok Chess Club and Thailand Chess Association have the honor of inviting all Chess Players to participate in the 10th BCC Thailand Open Chess Championship 2010 under the auspices of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, from 14th to 20th of April 2010 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The tournament will be held in the Grand Ballroom at Century Park Hotel, a 4 star hotel in Bangkok. We hope to attract more than 250 players from 50 countries to a tournament which is expected to be the biggest and strongest ever held in Thailand.
- This is an individual tournament, open to all players.
- There are two groups of play: Open category for all players, and Challenger category restricted to players rated below 2100 or unrated (ratings based on FIDE or Thai ELO ratings – other national ratings will be validated by the organizer). When registering, players must indicate in which group they wish to play.
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both groups will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for Open, and 7 rounds for Challenger. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The matches shall be conducted according to the schedule, which will be made known to the respective players before the start of the tournament.
- Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.
- Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
- All mobile phones in the playing hall shall be switched off while games are in progress, any violation shall result in loss of game.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
* Entry fee for ‘Winner-takes-all’ blitz tournament is 100 Baht (GMs free).
Prizes. In 10th BCC Thailand Open, the prizes are for 1-10 ranks and 5 best Thais, and certificates for best 3 best juniors and best lady. 1st prize will be 100,000 Baht (approx. 2,000 Euros). BCC Challenger has prizes for 1-5, and certificates for 3 Best Juniors and best Lady.
(Please note a 5% tax will be deducted from the prize money.)
Arbiters. Chief Arbiter IA Markku Kosonen (Finland), Deputy Chief Arbiter IA Panupand Vijjuprabha.
In the event of dispute the Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
Venue. Century Park Hotel, Bangkok: 9 Ratchaprarop Road, Pratunam-Victory Monument, Bangkok 10400, Thailand. Tel: +66 (0) 2246 7800, Fax: +66 (0) 2246 7197m 4583. www.centuryparkhotel.com
Accommodation. Century Park Hotel. Specially negotiated tournament room rates are as follows, inclusive of service charge, VAT and breakfast:
- Superior Single room 2,400 Baht nett / room / night
- Superior Twin room 2,700 Baht nett / room / night
- Deluxe Single room 2,800 Baht nett / room /night
- Deluxe Twin room 3,100 Baht nett / room / night
- Extra bed 900 Baht / person / night
If booked for minimum 7 night the hotel offers 2 complimentary dinners or lunches for single room, and 4 dinners or lunches for twin room, served at Roberto Italian restaurant or international buffet at Café at the Park.
For accommodation reservations at the venue, Century Park Hotel Bangkok, please contact Ms. Pharanya (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open: 2,500 Baht (For Thai nationals and TCA members 1,200 Baht). Late registration fee after March 10, 2010 is 500 Baht.
Challenger: 1,000 Baht. Late registration fee after March 10, 2010 is 500 Baht.
(US$ 1 is approx. 33 Baht, 1 Euro is approx. 49 Baht). All tournament fees must be paid before the start of the first round.
Registration. The deadline for registration is March 10, 2010. After this a late registration charge of 500 Baht will be added. Organizers reserve the right to refuse or decline late registrations.
Please complete the online registration form. The organizer will confirm your registration by e-mail. If you do not get a reply within a week, please send a reminder to email@example.com. Players must indicate in which group (Open or Challenger) they would like to participate.
The Grand Ballroom
Conditions for Titled Players. Tournament fees are waived for GMs, WGMs, IMs, WIMs and 2500+ rated players (according official FIDE January 2010 rating list). First 15 GMs to register will get complimentary accommodation (room & breakfast in twin sharing with another GM for 7 nights). Complimentary room reservation is confirmed after receiving deposit transfer of Euro 50. This received deposit will be fully returned after check-in to hotel. Please contact organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries.