Objective: 1) To foster friendship among chess players in Malaysia
2) To promote chess games
3) To improve chess standards in our region
4) To promote tourism
Organiser: Sarawak Chess Association & Lanang Chess Association under the auspices of Malaysian Chess Federation
Venue: Catholic High School Stadium, Jalan Lanang, Sibu, Sarawak
Date: 25-27 December 2009
25 December 2009 10:00 – 11:30 Registration
11:30-12:00 Briefing & Players Meeting
14:15- 18:15 Round 1
19:30 – 23:30 Round 2
26 December 2009 0800 – 12:00 Round 3
1400 – 1800 Round 4
1930 – 2330 Round 5
27 December 2009 0800 – 12:00 Round 6
1330 – 1730 Round 7
1830 Closing & Dinner
Champion Trophy & RM 2000
Runner Up Trophy & RM 1500
2nd Runner Up Trophy & RM 1000
4th Trophy & RM500
Champion RM 2000 & Medal
Runner Up RM 1500 & Medal
2nd Runner Up RM 1000 & Medal
4th RM500 & Medal5th – 10th RM 200 each
Individual results will be based on the following criteria : – Final score, Solkoff, Sonneborn Berger, & Cummulative
Team results will be based on the sum of the state representatives results on the following criteria: - Final score, Solkoff, Sonneborn Berger, & Cummulative
Players must record all the moves
The time control is 90 minutes with 30 seconds increment from move one.
Registration fee is RM 50 per head.
Registration can be made with any of the followings before 15 November 2009 5pm
Lim Kian Hwa
Joseph Ting Duang Chiang
Payment can be made to Lim Kian Hwa’s Maybank Account @ 111039124500 and the bank-in slip or relevant documents are to be enclosed with the enrolment form.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The championship is open to all Malaysian citizens only. However, plavers who have represented Malaysia in the last Chess Olympiad are not permitted to take part.
2. All players shall take part in a 7 round Swiss individual event.
3. The organizer will provide 3-night hotel accomodation and food for 4 state players of the following state: Sabah, Sarawak, Johor, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Penang, Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Wilayah Persekutuan. Other interested players shall take part at their own expenses.
4. State representatives from the same state would not be paired against each other.
5. The state representatives results shall be added to contribute to the state team standings.
6. Swiss Manager Program will be used for pairing.
7. IA Hamid Majid will be the Chief Arbiter of the event.
8: A player representing the state must be currently staying, working or studying in the state and has domiciled in the state for more than 6 months or was born in the state. The state representative should register through his State chess association.
9 Players wearing sleepers, shorts and singlet will not be permitted into tournament halls.