Venue: SJK(C) Kepong 2, 52100 KL
Date: 2nd Nov 2008
“A Nationally-rated Chess Event”
PRIZES Under-08 “SJK(C) Kepong 2 PIBG Challenge Trophy”
Under-10 “Cheah Lum Choy Challenge Trophy”
Under-12 “Pang Chew Kong Challenge Trophy”
Under-14 “Kong Foo Leong, AMN Challenge Trophy”
Under-16 “Dato’ Tan Kim Hor,JP,KMN Challenge Trophy”
Each category 1st – 5th Trophies + Cash Prizes
6th – 10th Trophies + Consolation prizes
Best Girl Trophy + Cash Prize
Best School Gifts
ORGANISED BY Parent-Teacher Association, SJK(C() Kepong 2, KL
ELIGIBILITY Under-08, children born in or after 2000
Under-10, children born in or after 1998
Under-12, children born in or after 1996
Under-14, children born in or after 1994
Under-16, children born in or after 1992
TIME-CONTROL 30 minutes each to the finish
TOURNAMENT FORMAT 6 rounds Swiss system
TIE-BREAKS 1) Personal Encounter (If Applicable) 4) Progressive Score (P.S.)
2) Solkoff (W.P.) 5) Number of won games
3) Sonnerborne Berger (S.B.) 6) Blitz play-off (For 1st place tie only)
SCHEDULE OF PLAY Check-In 08.00 am – 08.30 am
Round 1 09.00 am – 10.00 am
Round 2 10.30 am – 11.30 am
Round 3 11.45 am – 12.45 pm
LUNCH BREAK 12.45 pm – 01.30 pm
Round 4 01.30 pm – 02.30 pm
Round 5 02.45 pm – 03.45 pm
Round 6 04.15 pm – 05.15 pm
Prize Giving /Closing Ceremony 05.30 pm
RULES & REGULATIONS FIDE Laws of Chess plus Supplementary Tournament Regulations. Games recording is compulsory.
ENTRY FEES SJK(C) Kepong 2 students RM 10.00
Others RM 15.00
Registration after Closing Date RM 5.00 extra
LUNCH & DRINKS FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT!
SOUVENIR TO COLLECT ON TOURNAMENT DAY FOR THE FIRST 100 ENTRIES WHO REGISTER WITH PAYMENT
CLOSING DATE 10TH OCTOBER 2008
ENQUIRIES Mr. Kevin Tan, Tel. No: 012-391 0866; Mr. Lim Tse Pin, Tel. No: 012-298 4922 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
REGISTRATION Please address entries to;
“14th Kepong Juniors Open Chess Tournament
Persatuan Ibu Bapa dan Guru, SJK(C) Kepong 2
Supplementary Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. This event is open to all children who qualify for the 5 respective age groups.
2. The FIDE Laws of Chess apply, supplemented by these tournament rules and regulations.
3. The Organizing Committee reserves the sole right to accept or reject any entry without explanation. The Committee may also, at its discretion, limit the number of participants on first-come-first-serve basis to accommodate space or other organizational constraints. We will refund such rejected entrant(s).
4. If a particular category is full (limited to 64 players), then the organizer has the right to push up the late entrants to a higher category.
5. All participants must play 6 games in the said event regardless of their results from earlier encounters. The participant with the most accumulated points after these 6 games is declared the winner.
6. All participants must report to their respective section 30 minutes before the start of Round 1. Failure to do so may result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. Failure to play in any round will result in immediate disqualification unless prior notification was given to the Chief Arbiter. Entry fees under such circumstances are not refundable.
7. The time-control for each player shall be 30 minutes to-be-finish, i.e., players must complete all their moves within their allotted time. In the event of an inconclusive result within this allotted time, the player whose flag falls first is deem the loser. There is no walkover period for this tournament.
8. Everyone must record all moves, both White’s and Black’s, played until the player’s has 5 minutes remaining. Failing to do so would result in losing 10 minutes or half of the remaining time leftover, which ever is lower, as penalty time.
9. The winner of each game is responsible for handing in the duly signed score sheets with the correct results recorded to the Arbiter table. In the case of drawn games the player playing White holds this responsibility.
10. The loser of each game is responsible for rearranging the pieces on the chessboard. In the case of drawn games the player playing Black holds this responsibility.
11. We expect all participants and parents to conduct themselves sportingly. The Tournament Director reserves the right to remove any individual deemed a nuisance or undesirable.
12. To qualify to compete for best school prize, the particular school must send a minimum of 4 players for the category.
13. The decision of the Tournament Director, Chief Arbiter and Arbiters with regard to the running of the event is FINAL.