Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Neo Manhattan Chess Center!

First of all I would like to say big thank you to Hairul for inviting me to NM Kamal Abdullah "Chess in the eye" although i paid it in the end. It was fantastic & I learnt new ways for me to upgrade myself in preparing competitions especially.

 image

Here Hairul challenged me to blitz game. I seldom played blitz & more towards classical game. I lost the 1st game by time but in the 2nd game i won. (I guessed after NM Kamal lecture I won Hairulov) hehe...

Firstly Shamsol Baharin (NMCC owner) started off with the welcoming speech to the participant. NM Kamal Abdullah mentioned about his past & why he suddenly likes to play chess when he was young. He mentioned about something that he able to see other things which can be related to chess but when come to chess game he saw nothing. He also mentioned that the late GM Eduard Gufeld who used to come to Malaysia gave him some advice in chess. I still remembered when I first started chess was I attended a course by the late GM Eduard Gufeld at the Pusat Kecermelangan Sukan Westland organised by PCA or MSSPP in 1990's. He was my first inspiration to become active in chess. 

image

Here NM Kamal Abdullah aka ESB giving the talk on Paul Morphy incredible play of Evans Gambit. After the talk we were divided into 3 groups to give ideas on white & black play.

[Event "New"]
[Site "New"]
[Date "1857.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Napoleon Marache"]
[Black "Paul Morphy"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "C52"]
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Bc5 4. b4 Bxb4 5. c3 Ba5 6. d4 exd4 7. e5 d5 8. exd6 Qxd6 9. O-O Nge7 10. Ng5 O-O 11. Bd3 Bf5 12. Bxf5 Nxf5 13. Ba3 Qg6 14. Bxf8 Qxg5 15. Ba3 dxc3 16. Bc1 Qg6 17. Bf4 Rd8 18. Qc2 Ncd4 19. Qe4 Here Paul Morphy played brilliant move Ng3 which threaten mate & attack the queen. 20. Qxg6 Nde2# 0-1

image

Catur itu Bulat aka Mohd Saprin(in blue) also came to visit NMCC.

image

Two future WGM learning from the great Petak64 aka Mohd Fairin Zakaria & Mohd Rizal.

They organised a mini blitz tournament which 8 players took part.

For more info and result, please visit Hairulov

No comments: