Dewan Sri Pinang, Penang ● 10 – 14 June 2009
• This is an individual tournament, open to all players.
• There are two groups of play: Open category for all players, and Challenger category for players rated below
2000 (FIDE ratings) or national rating 1750 and below.
• FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
• Both groups will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for Open and Challenger. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
• The matches shall be conducted according to the schedule attached.
• Each player is accorded with a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.
• Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
• FIDE regulations apply for mobile phones, which must be switched off during playing times. Penalty is automatic loss of game.
• Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Wednesday, 10 June 2009)
0800-0830 Final Registration
0830-0900 Players' Briefing
0900-1300 Round 1
1500-1900 Round 2
Day 2 (Thursday, 11 June 2009)
0900-1300 Round 3
1500-1900 Round 4
Day 3 (Friday, 12 June 2009)
0900-1300 Round 5
1500-1900 Round 6
Day 4 (Saturday, 13 June 2009)
0900-1300 Round 7
1500-1900 Round 8
Day 5 (Sunday, 14 June 2009)
0900-1300 Round 9
1300 Closing / Prize-giving Ceremony
Players are required to budget for their own board and
lodgings, as well as transportation needs.
Entry Fee (RM)
Free entry for titled player (GM, IM, FM, NM)
|Non PCA Member||180||80|
|Prize Money (RM)||Open||Challenger|
|Best PCA 1||RM250||RM50|
|Best PCA 2||RM200||RM50|
|Best PCA 3||RM200||RM50|
Mr Tan Eng Seong
Mr Tan Eu Hong
Source: Penang Chess Association