Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rochack Wins UM Team 2009

I arrived at the Kolej Kediaman Kesembilan UM together with Kaushal Khandhar who fetched me from my place & drop me back later. Thanks Kaushal. Today in fact will be my first tournament of chess since playing in the Merdeka Chess under Gilachess. I'm the team captain for Bloggers United & playing 1st board. The rest of my team members according to board Shamsol Baharin (NMCC), Lee Kwan Pin(invited) & Hairul Hamid. The event started 30 minutes late due to some technical errors. One of my teammate Shamsol Baharin couldn't turn up because motorcycle 'rosak' for few rounds in the morning. So in the 1st & 2nd round we beat a school team "knight A" & MBS 3-1. I lost in the 3rd round but luckily my teammate came just in time against SMK Dato Onn. We had our lunch of Malay style of chicken rice, 1 bottle of mineral water & soup. Then in the 4th round our real test against Azman Hisham family on table 4. I'm playing against Azman Hisham, Shamsol-Nabil, Kwan Pin - NJM Nur Nabila & Hairul - Nur Najiha. Shamsol lost this round to hard fighting Nabil. In the 5th round we played against another family on table 3; which is the Zulkafli family. The score 2-2 with my 3rd & 4th board lost. I won Zulkafli while Shamsol won NWM Nur Shazwani. In the final round we played against Rochack consists of Cheah Cheok Fung, Ong Thian Loon, Loo Pak Kwan & Ooi Li Tao who became champion of the event winning. They beat us 4-0. Overall I'm happy with the team result of 4 wins, 1 draw & 1 lost & teammates performance. We gave out our best & get 10th position!

Prize Winner List

Champion: Roschack-Cheah Cheok Fung, Ong Thian Loon, Loo Pak Kwan & Ooi Li Tao

Runner Up: City of Map-FM Mok Tze Meng, Ian Udani, Ismail Ahmad & Shukeri Alang Shukor

2nd Runner Up: Nameless-Kaushal Khandhar, Lim Zhuoren, Tan Ken Wei & Mohd Eizran.

No comments: